WhatsApp enabled the iOS to android chat transfer feature in August of this year. Originally the feature was only accessible on the top Samsung phones, the function is now available on all Pixel phones, including the new Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro.
You Should Know About iOS to Android Chat Transfer :
- All Pixel phones now have access to WhatsApp’s cross-platform conversation history transfer capability.
- Google has also stated that the functionality will be accessible on all new Android 12 phones.
- Previously, the capability was only available on Samsung phones.
You can now quickly transfer your WhatsApp chat history from your iPhone to your Google Pixel phone. You’ll need a USB-C to Lightning cable to get started. After you’ve linked both phones, you’ll be asked to scan a QR code with your iPhone to start the transfer.
All of your chats and media will be transferred to your Pixel phone after you’ve finished scanning the QR code. If you have difficulties scanning the QR code, you may start the transfer procedure by going to Settings > Chats > Move Chats to Android on your iPhone.
During the transfer, all of your data will be encrypted, ensuring that no one else has access to your WhatsApp conversations or files. While the transfer is in progress, you will not get any new messages on your old smartphone.
Google claims that new phones running Android 12 will have the ability to transmit data right out of the box. Existing phones that will be updated to Android 12 will almost certainly receive support for the functionality.
Android 12 also allows you to move almost all of your data from an iPhone to a new Android device. Simply plug in a cable, and Android will transfer your SMS and iMessage history, photos, videos, contacts, calendars, and more. It can also search for and install programs from the Google Play Store.
1. WhatsApp Launches End-to-End Encrypted Cloud Backups in Beta for Android and iOS.
2. WhatsApp is going to make a significant update to its privacy settings.