OnePlus is rolling out the OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 2 update for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro. The company released the first version of the OxygenOS 12 beta back in October.
Now, after one month the OnePlus 9 devices (9 & 9 Pro) running beta 1 is getting the second version of the Open Beta. The new update will bring many improvements like improved battery life, charging speed, many bug fixes, etc. So, it should remove the glitches in the operating system and enhance the performance.
OxygenOS 12 is the last version of OnePlus’ custom Android skin as the codebase of OxygenOS merges with OPPO’s ColorOS.
The changelog of OxygenOS 12 Open Beta 2 for OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro
- Optimized the fluency of the status bar
- Optimized battery life and charging speed
- Fixed the low-probability issue of the status bar not displaying apps
- Fixed the low-probability issue of automatic brightness failing
- Fixed the issue of some desktop widgets displaying abnormally
- Fixed the issue of Cloud service not opening in Notes
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2021.11
- Improved system stability
- Improved app stability
- Fixed the low-probability issue of the status bar not displaying the battery of Bluetooth earphones
- Auto-rotate for desktop may be delayed under some using scenes
- Probable issue of WLAN automatically disconnected
- The camera will freeze when taking videos in 4K 60hz mode
- Notifications for some apps will automatically be switched on
- Global Search may not response
- Background Apps may automatically switch off under the using scene of low RAM
The company advises that the eligible device should have at least 30% battery life and 3GB of free internal storage before installing the Open Beta 2.
OnePlus’ identity may end with the OxygenOS 12. Where the company is already working on a new unified OS that they could launch alongside the OnePlus 10 series at the beginning of the next year.
Read more: The Nord 2 Pac-Man Edition from OnePlus features a glowing back and some software trickery.