OnePlus started rolling out the OxygenOS 13 beta program update for OnePlus Nord CE 2 in November. Now, the company is gearing up to release the stable version of the Android 13-based update for the Nord smartphone. The new OS update is carrying several new features alongside the December security patch. What’s more, the update is releasing with the firmware version C.25 with a size of 4.5GB.
Just like any other OnePlus update, the new OxygenOS 13 will also roll out in batches. In other words, the update will be rolled out to a small number of users initially with the wide rollout happening in the coming days.
One of the most notable features of the new OxygenOS variant is the all-new Aquamorphic design. In addition to that, the company has also tried optimizing the fonts to improve visual comfort and readability. Here is the changelog for the all-new OxygenOS 13 update.
Also Read: LastPass Acknowledged Hackers Got Their Hands on Encrypted User Data.
OxygenOS 13 Changelog
- Adds Aquamorphic Design theme colors for enhanced visual comfort.
- Adds Shadow-Reflective Clock, with shadow simulating the orientation of the sun and moon.
- Adds a Home screen world clock widget to show the time in different time zones.
- Upgrades to Quantum Animation Engine 4.0, with a new behavior recognition feature, which recognizes complex gestures and provides optimized interactions.
- Optimizes UI layers for a clearer and neater visual experience.
- Applies real-world physical motions to animations to make them look more natural and intuitive.
- Optimizes the widget design to make information easier and quicker to find.
- Optimizes fonts for better readability.
- Optimizes system icons by using the latest color scheme to make the icons easier to recognize.
- Enriches and optimizes illustrations for features by incorporating multicultural and inclusive elements.
- Adds large folders to the Home screen. You can now open an app in an enlarged folder with just one tap and turn pages in the folder with a swipe.
- Adds media playback control, and optimizes the Quick Settings experience.
- Adds more markup tools for screenshot editing.
- Adds support for adding widgets to the Home screen, making information display more personalized.
- Adds Sidebar Toolbox. You can open floating windows inside apps for smooth operation.
- Upgrades Doodle in Notes. You can now draw on graphics to take notes more efficiently.
- Optimizes Shelf. Swiping down on the Home screen will bring up Shelf by default. You can search content online and on your device.
Security & Privacy
- Adds an automatic pixelation feature for chat screenshots. The system can identify and automatically pixelate profile pictures and display names in a chat screenshot to protect your privacy.
- Adds regular clearing of clipboard data for privacy protection.
- Optimizes Private Safe. The Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used to encrypt all files for enhanced security of private files.
Health & Digital Wellbeing
- Adds distance-from-phone, ambient light, and sitting posture reminders in Kid Space.
- Adds Eye comfort in Kid Space to protect children’s vision.
- Adds Dynamic Computing Engine to improve the system speed, stability, battery life, and app experience.
- Upgrades to HyperBoost GPA 4.0 to stabilize the frame rate and balance the performance and power consumption in key scenarios.
Also Read: Apple Might Cancel iPhone SE 4 Smartphone.