Now that the Pixel 6 series has arrived. It’s only natural for Google to evaluate the future of some of the older smartphones. It is obvious in the latest Android security patch, which includes bug patches for the Pixel 6 series. But there is no mention of the Pixel 3; this suggests that updates for the Google Pixel 3 are no longer available. After three years of software updates for the Pixel 3, the gadget has reached the end of its support life cycle.
The Pixel 3, which was released in October 2018, has been on Google’s software upgrade list for the past three years. The smartphone was upgraded last month with the October security patch. That is currently the last update that the phone will receive.
Surprisingly, the phone has got three years of continuous upgrades, including the major Android 12 release. However, without the November patch, Pixel 3 owners should not anticipate any more upgrades, despite Pixel fans’ long-standing demand for longer support.
The Google Pixel 3 specifications may not be outstanding right now, but the phone boasted top-of-the-line features back when it was released. It had a Snapdragon 845 SoC and 4GB of RAM. The gadget came with a Full HD+ display, while the XL model included a QHD+ display.
The phone had a flaw in terms of battery life, but nothing to make it useless. Google has been attempting to match Apple’s hardware and software integration, but it lacks Apple’s rigidity when it comes to extending software support.
1. Google Pixel phones will support WhatsApp’s iOS to Android chat transfer feature.
2. In some Google Pixel phones, Android 12 is causing touch response and app crashes.
3. Google Teases Pixel 6 Camera Specifications, Calls It The Best In The Market.
4. The Google Pixel 6 series will get only 3 years of OS updates.
5. Some early users of the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro have complained about screen flickering and green tinting.