It’s easy for your iPhone to accumulate unnecessary data and files, such as your search history, browser history, cache, and more. This might lead to overheating, sluggish performance, and storage space problems on the device. So, without wasting any time, let’s take a look at how to clear the cache and history on iPhone to help your device run more smoothly and help protect your privacy.
How to Clear the Safari Browsing History & Data on iPhone
Safari is Apple’s default web browser for iOS devices. By default, it stores information about the websites you visit and the information that those websites have saved in your browser’s cache and cookies.
If Safari is slowing down your iPhone, if you’d want to keep your surfing habits private, or if it’s eating up too much space on your device, here’s how to quickly and easily delete all of your Safari history and data:
- Get inside the iPhone’s settings.
- Select Safari from the drop-down menu.
- Select Clear History and Website Data from the menu that appears.
- When you delete Safari’s history, your device will ask whether you’re sure. Please reaffirm your selection and it’s done.
Clear Only the Website Data in Safari
Most of Safari’s memory use comes from website data storage, such as cookies, files, photos, and other information. Here’s how to erase just the webpage data in Safari on iPhone if space is the main concern, rather than cleaning history.
- Get into Safari’s settings at Preferences.
- Click the “Advanced” button at the bottom.
- Select Website Data thereafter. The space that each website takes up in storage will be shown beside it.
- The option to delete all website data is located at the bottom.
- Click Remove, and you’re done.
Keep in mind that if you remove your browsing history, you may be logged out of certain sites and will need to re-enter your credentials. This means that the sites may take longer to load the next time you visit them.
Clear the Cache and History on iPhone from Chrome
Chrome’s familiar layout and wider compatibility have made it the browser of choice for many iOS users. Here’s how to delete everything from your Chrome history and other stored information:
- Go to Chrome on your Apple device.
- Tap the 3 dot menu on the top right corner.
- A drop-down menu will appear; from there, pick Settings.
- You should then go to Settings and choose Privacy > Clear Browsing Data.
- You may choose what you want to remove, such as your browsing history, cookies, site data, cached images and files, auto-fill information, and saved passwords, as well as the time range you want to erase them from.
- In the end, choose Clear Browsing History.
Clear Google App History on iPhone
Using the Google app, a large percentage of iOS device owners do online queries. In addition, the Google app stores your search history across devices just as any other browser would.
It’s interesting that you can erase everything or just the previous 15 minutes of history so rapidly, and here’s how to do it.
- Get out your Apple device and open the Google app.
- Tap your image from the profile menu.
- To swiftly clear the most recent 15 minutes of activity, choose to Delete the last 15 minutes.
- Select Search History and select the Delete All button. If you click on it, you’ll be sent to your recent Google search activity.
- To remove the activity from the selected time frame and services, hit Delete.
Clear Google Maps Search History on iPhone
Google Maps provides location recommendations based on your recent search and location history. You may use this to rapidly go to your most-visited pages or do a search for a certain term.
Following are examples of how to clear the cache and history on iPhone for Google Maps:
- Start up Google Maps on your iOS device.
- To access the main menu, tap on the google profile icon in the upper left.
- Click the “Settings” button.
- Now go to Map’s history.
- A new tab or window will load with your Google Maps history. Click the Delete button down below.
- You may see data for the current hour, the previous day, all times, or a custom timeframe.
In any case, that’s all there is to it. It will erase all of your Google Maps activity and provide a “Deletion Complete” confirmation.
Delete Call & Message History on iPhone
Your call and message history might be at risk if you share your iPhone with individuals who are not authorized, users. The following are ways to delete call and message history on your iPhone.
Wipe Out Recent Call Records
Apple keeps a record of your phone calls for a total of 1000 times. However, the Phone app can only display 100 call records at a time, whether they are phone or FaceTime calls. The older logs will begin reappearing after you erase certain entries.
Here’s how to remove your iOS device’s call history:
- Start up the phone app on your Apple device. Select the “Recent” menu.
- To make changes, click the edit button in the upper right corner.
- When an unwanted record is in your call log, you may delete it by tapping the red minus (-) button and then tapping Delete.
- Alternatively, you may clear your iOS device’s call history by tapping the Clear button in the upper left.
In addition to text messages, the iOS Messages app may also transfer files back and forth between users. In a short amount of time, your iMessage conversation threads with loved ones might get congested, particularly if you often send each other huge files.
Here’s how to get rid of old text messages, iMessage threads, and attachments on your iPhone so you can make more room:
- Get out your iPhone and launch the Messages app.
- Select Messages from the drop-down menu that appears when you press the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Choose the chats or discussions you want to remove.
- When you’re finished, just press the Delete button.
Erase FaceTime Call Logs from iPhone
You may make and receive calls with FaceTime directly from the Phone app on your iPhone. Consequently, when you delete a call from the app’s history, it is also deleted from the app’s history. The Facetime app, however, allows you to delete them:
- Start up the FaceTime app on your iOS device.
- Tap the edit button at the top left.
- Choose the calls from FaceTime that you want to delete.
- To remove anything, select it and then press Delete.
Clear Keyboard History on iPhone
By rejecting words that iPhone suggests as you write, you may add words to the keyboard dictionary. Get rid of these entries from your keyboard history by following the steps given below:
- Launch the Device Settings app on your iOS device.
- Once you’re in the setting, go to General > Transfer or Reset.
- Simply choose the Reset button below.
- And then, after entering your password, choose Reset Keyboard Dictionary.
- Get out your iPhone and start the Gboard.
- In the menu that appears, choose Keyboard Settings.
- Click “Clear my dictionary” in the bottom menu.
Delete Recently Deleted Photos from iPhone
You’ve cleared up your iPhone’s picture library, but it still reports a lack of space. The Recently Deleted album is where pictures go for 30 days after being deleted. The following are ways to delete them:
- Launch the Photo app on your iOS device.
- Find the option labeled “Recently Deleted” in the menu.
- A button labeled Select appears in the upper right.
- To permanently delete all of the images, choose the option to the left of the screen labeled “Delete All.”
Delete Apps to Clear the Cache and History on iPhone
The iOS platform does not allow users to delete app data or cache files independently of the program itself, unlike the Android platform. It is necessary to uninstall the program and reinstall it from the App Store if you want to start using it from scratch, free of any previous data or clutter.
- To activate jiggle mode on your iPhone, just press and hold your home button for a few seconds.
- To uninstall an application, just tap its minus (-) button.
- Select the app you want to remove and click the Delete button.
- To uninstall an app, just press and hold its icon.
- Select the Remove App.
- The next step is to choose the Delete App option.
When your device’s storage space is becoming low, you may also utilize the Offload App feature to have unused applications removed automatically.
This was about getting rid of unnecessary data from your iPhone, such as browsing histories and caches. Following the aforementioned steps will not only make your iPhone more secure, but it will also boost speed and remove unnecessary files.
Stay tuned because we’ll be sharing more helpful tips and advice soon.