Getting your kids involved in art projects is a terrific approach to help them develop a broad variety of abilities. Some materials should be kept out of your children’s reach and under adult supervision at all times. A more serious scenario is if your computer or TV display is defaced by permanent markers. But don’t worry, in this article we’re going to show you how to get sharpie off a computer with 3 different strategies.
So, without any further ado, let’s tune.
Materials You Need Get Rid of Sharpie off a Computer
We have tried numerous techniques to remove Sharpies from a computer screen, but the ones we are going to describe are the most effective and easy. Creating combinations of several goods is not necessary. You may use a dry erase marker, some rubbing alcohol, or toothpaste to clean the surface.
1. A Dry Erase Marker
Dry erase pens may indeed remove permanent markings from a computer. This is because dry-erase inks often include an alcohol solvent. A material that can dissolve, as we discovered in chemistry, is a solvent.
When you use whiteboard markers to write over a permanent marker ink, you are essentially putting the solvent into the ink. As a result, it breaks down and removes the ink from the permanent marker.
2. Rubbing Alchohol
If you do not have access to a dry-erase marker, you may use isopropyl rubbing alcohol for that purpose. Alcohol is a solvent, as we explained previously. We use it to remove stains from a wide variety of porous and non-porous surfaces in addition to the TV screen.
Toothpaste is moderately abrasive, therefore it may be used to remove permanent markers off computer displays. If you use white toothpaste instead of colored gel, this method will work. This may cause discoloration on surfaces since gel toothpaste is typically laced with color.
4. Soft Clean Cloth
You will also need a clean soft cloth, such as a microfiber towel or suede cloth, whether you are using dry erase markers, rubbing alcohol, or toothpaste. Use this cloth to apply the alcohol or wipe off any residue that may have been left behind on the screen.
Paper towels and other abrasive items may produce microscopic scratches on your screen, so avoid using them.
3 Strategies On How to Get Sharpie Off a Computer?
Strategy #1: Whiteboard Markers or Dry Erase
- Step #1: Use a dry erase pen to trace all the permanent marker designs on your computer or smart TV screen. Keep the ink stains at bay by applying a dry erase pen.
- Step #2: Wipe the afflicted area with a dry, clean towel or a whiteboard eraser. Make sure you do not put too much pressure on the screen. In the process of wiping, you should see both the whiteboard marker ink and the permanent marker ink come off the screen.
Strategy #2: Rubbing Alcohol
- Step #1: Rinse a clean cloth with rubbing alcohol and apply the solution. Clean your computer display with it gently. A tiny quantity of alcohol may be sprayed over a cloth to remove bigger ink spots.
Note: To dry the screen, you do not need to wipe it with a paper towel.
Strategy #3: Toothpaste
- Step #1: Dab your finger with a little toothpaste. You do not need a lot of the product to remove markers from a computer.
- Step #2: Clean the permanent ink marker gently on the computer. The toothpaste will lift the ink during this procedure. Continue rubbing until all of the ink is removed.
- Step #3: Using a moist cloth, remove any toothpaste residue or light ink stains from the screen. Use a dry towel to remove any remaining wetness.
Many parents who had their children scribbling on their computer displays have tried and tested the three ways I gave on how to erase permanent markers.
Was this guide on how to get sharpie off a computer useful to you? Let me know what you think by leaving a comment. As a last note, please do not hesitate to share this information with your relatives and friends!
How to Get Sharpie Off a Computer? (FAQs)
How do You Remove Dried Sharpie?
Since a disinfectant, rubbing alcohol may also be used to thoroughly erase Sharpie stains, as it helps to break down oils and other alcohols found in the Sharpie.
Does Sharpie come off computer screen?
There is also the option to use a solution of 1 part isopropyl rubbing alcohol to 2 parts water if the marker stain is very obstinate. For some reason, the solvent in Sharpies makes it possible to remove permanent markers like Sharpies using a black dry erase pen.
Can permanent Sharpie be removed?
The permanent marker may be removed off clothing, pillows, and bedsheets using rubbing alcohol, hand sanitizer, hairspray, nail polish remover, or non-gel toothpaste. Try using an alcohol-based hairspray to remove a permanent marker stain before tossing it in the trash.